- Features & Benefits
- Efficacy Claims
SPRITZ™ RTU Sanitizer is a ready-to-use quaternary that quickly and easily sanitizes and deodorizes hard, nonporous food contact surfaces in 60 seconds. SPRITZ™ RTU Sanitizer is a 200 ppm quaternary solution that leaves surfaces clean, safe and sanitary, yet does not require rinsing. SPRITZ™ is ideal for use in restaurants, fast food operations, cafeterias, public eating places, dairies, food processing plants, food storage areas and many more. Sanitize hard, non porous surfaces including counter tops, tables, chairs, cash registers, conveyors, displays, scales, appliances, commonly touched hard surfaces.
EPA Registered Product
Key Market Information
EducationWhen cafeteria staffs need to quickly sanitize food preperation surfaces between lunch periods, appreciate the quick effectiveness of SPRTIZ™.
RetailFast paced, retail based commercial kitchens require the quick and effective sanitation fround in SPRTIZ™.Code: 0244Packaging: 12 x 32 oz Qt./Case
- pH (Use Dilution)7.0
- Specific Gravity (g/cc)1.00 ± 0.01
- Density (lbs/gal)8.3 ± 0.1
- ColorPale red
- Upper Cloud>140° F
- Lower Cloud< 30° F
- Flash PointNot relevant
- Freeze Thaw StableYes
- RinsabilityNo Rinse Required
- Shelf Life1 year minimum in original unopened container
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Escherichia coli
- Escherichia coli O157:H7
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Salmonella typhi
- Shigella dysenteriae
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Yersinia enterocolitica
DocumentationTechnical Data Sheet Spritz TDS English GHS.pdf Safety Data Sheet SPRITZ SDS English.pdf Efficacy Data Sheet Spritz Efficacy Data Sheet.pdf Miscellaneous Documents Spritz Brochure.pdf
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. FOOD CONTACT SURFACE SANITIZATION DIRECTIONS
Sanitization: Recommended for use in households, public eating places, dairies and food processing plants to sanitize hard, non-porous, food contact surfaces as identified below. Use a mop, sponge, cloth, low pressure coarse sprayer or hand pump trigger sprayer to apply SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER.
Prior to application, remove all gross food particles and soil from surfaces which are to be sanitized, by a pre-flush, pre-soak or pre-scrape and when necessary, pre-soak treatment. Thoroughly wash or flush surfaces with a good detergent, followed by a potable water rinse before applying this ready-to-use sanitizer. Before use as a sanitizer in federally inspected meat and poultry plants and dairies, food products and packaging materials must be removed from the room or carefully protected. A potable water rinse is not allowed following use of this product on previously cleaned, hard non-porous surfaces provided that the surfaces are adequately drained before contact with food.
SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER is a 200 ppm (mg/L) active quaternary solution which kills 99.999% of bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus (Staph) ATCC #6538, Escherichia coli (E. coli) ATCC #11229, Campylobacter jejuni ATCC #29428, Escherichia coli O157:H7 ATCC #43895, Listeria monocytogenes ATCC #35152, Salmonella typhi ATCC #6539, Shigella dysenteriae ATCC #12180 and Yersinia enterocolitica ATCC #23715, in 60 seconds in accordance with the AOAC Germicidal and Detergent Sanitizing Action of Disinfectants test.
To sanitize immobile items such as tanks, finished wood or plastic chopping blocks, food processing equipment (grinders, slicers, choppers), food work areas, finished wood or plastic tables, appliances (microwaves, stoves, refrigerators) and counter tops:
- Remove all gross food particles and soil by pre-flush or pre-scrape.
- Clean all surfaces thoroughly using a good detergent or cleaner. Tilt movable surfaces for proper drainage. Rinse with potable water.
- Apply SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER via hand pump trigger sprayer or low pressure coarse sprayer.
- Wet surfaces thoroughly for 60 seconds.
- Let surfaces drain and air dry. Do not rinse or wipe.
- SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER must be replaced with fresh product daily or more frequently if it becomes visibly soiled.
To sanitize mobile items such as drinking glasses, cookware, dishware and eating utensils:
- Scrape and pre-wash utensils, glassware, cookware, and dishware.
- Wash with a good detergent.
- Immerse articles in SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER for 60 seconds or longer if specified by local government sanitary code making sure to immerse completely.
- Place sanitized articles on a rack or drain board to air dry. Do not rinse or wipe.
Sanitization of food contact surfaces in public eating places, dairy-processing equipment, and food-processing equipment and utensils regulated under 40CFR180.940:
- Scrape, flush, or pre-soak articles (whether mobile or stationary) to remove gross food particles and soil.
- Thoroughly wash articles with a good detergent.
- Rinse articles thoroughly with potable water.
- Sanitize by immersing articles in SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER for at least 60 seconds. Articles too large for immersion should be thoroughly wetted with SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER by rinsing, spraying or swabbing.
- Remove immersed items from solution to drain and then let air dry. Non-immersed items should also be allowed to air dry.
WISCONSIN STATE DIVISION OF HEALTH DIRECTIONS FOR EATING ESTABLISHMENTS:
- Scrape and pre-wash utensils and glasses whenever possible.
- Wash with a good detergent or compatible cleaner.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Sanitize in SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER. Immerse all utensils for at least two minutes or for contact time specified by governing sanitary code.
- Place sanitized utensils on a rack or drain board to air dry.
- Fresh product should be used at least daily or when visibly soiled.
NOTE: A clean potable water rinse following sanitization is not permitted under Section HFS 196.13 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
U. S. PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE FOOD SERVICE SANITIZATION RECOMMENDATIONS Cleaning and sanitizing: Equipment and utensils must be thoroughly pre-flushed or pre-scraped and when necessary, pre-soaked to remove gross food particles and soil.
- Thoroughly wash equipment and utensils in hot detergent solution.
- Rinse utensils and equipment thoroughly with potable water.
- Sanitize equipment and utensils by immersion in SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER for at least 60 seconds at a temperature of 75°F.
- For equipment and utensils too large to sanitize by immersion, apply SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER by rinsing, spraying or swabbing until thoroughly wet for at least 60 seconds (1 minute).
- Allow sanitized surface to drain and air dry. Do not rinse.
For mechanical sprayer operations, apply SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER to pre-cleaned, hard, non-porous food contact surfaces with a low pressure coarse sprayer or hand pump trigger sprayer. Spray SPRITZ™ RTU SANITIZER 6-8 inches from surface. Allow the surface to remain thoroughly wet for at least 60 seconds. Drain surface of excess liquid and allow to air dry. NO POTABLE WATER RINSE is allowed. Do not breathe spray mist.
Features & Benefits
- Sanitize hard nonporous surfaces in 60 seconds.
- Kills 99.999% of bacteria in 60 seconds.
- Ready to use formula is simple and easy to use. Exact concentration provides consistent quality and complete sanitization.
- Broad Spectrum kill / Ensures complete control over bacterial infection
- No rinse required / Saves labor while providing complete sanitization
- Odorless / Does not contain unwanted perfumes or odors that could prove to be objectionable or irritating
WARNING: CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Prevention: Wear eye/face protection. Wash thoroughly after handling.
Response: If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
Storage: Keep container tightly closed. Store away from incompatible materials.
Disposal: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
This product is a "Hazardous Chemical" as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200. All components are on the U.S. EPA TSCA Inventory List.
Additional safety measures:
Read the entire label and SDS before using this product, and for additional first aid measures. SDS for this product is available under the Documents tab.