Semi-Permanent / Stain Resistant Water Based Sealer
A unique hybrid polymer system creates a semi-permanent sealer which creates a barrier to resist many common floor stains. This hydrophobic barrier resists stains such as asphalt, neozone (anti-oxidant), urine, coffee, tea, mustard, catsup, Kool-Aid, grape juice, rust and betadine. The sealer resists normal floor finish stripping to provide prolonged floor surface protection.
Key Market InformationCode: 0523Packaging: 55 Gal. Drum; 5 Gal. Pail; 4 x 1 Gal./Case
- Specific Gravity (g/cc)1.02 ± 0.01
- Density (lbs/gal)8.5 ± 0.1
- Viscosity (cps)< 10 cP
- Polymer TypeUnique Hybrid
- SolubilityComplete in water
- Flash PointNot available
- Curing Time (minutes)60
- Stain ResistanceExcellent
- Coverage (sq. ft./gal)1000 - 2500
- Freeze Thaw StabilityPasses 3 cycles
- Shelf Life1 year minimum in original unopened container
DocumentationTechnical Data Sheet Decade TDS English GHS.pdf Safety Data Sheet DECADE SDS English.pdf
Floor Preparation: Strip floor thoroughly with your preferred NCL floor stripper, making sure that all old film is removed. Rinse completely and allow to dry.
Application of Sealer: Use a synthetic mop or applicator. Apply “one” uniform coat of DECADE™ Sealer and allow to dry and cure for 60 minutes (on quarry tile apply two uniform coats). After DECADE™ Sealer is thoroughly cured apply five coats of floor finish in normal manner over a 48 hour period.
Sealer Removal: This semi-permanent sealer can be stripped with BARE BONES™ Liquifying Stripper after all floor finish has been removed.
Stain Removal: Remove all floor polish with BARE BONES™ Liquifying Stripper. Remove stain with a water based degreaser cleaner, such as CHEM-EEZ™ or ASTRO-CHEM™, or if necessary, CITROL™ All Natural Citrus Degreaser. Make sure to remove stains as soon as possible to prevent permanent damage to floor surface.
Features & Benefits
- Semi-Permanent Sealer / Significant labor & material savings
- Not removed with normal floor stripping / Ideal for asbestos tile floor care program
- Stain Resistant / Prevents replacement of floor tiles
- Water-based Emulsion / No toxic fumes & easy to use
- Provides Uniform Floor Surface / Maximizes gloss of subsequent coatings of floor finish
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Prevention: Observe good industrial hygiene practices.
Response: Wash thoroughly after handling.
Storage: Store away from incompatible materials.
Disposal: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
This product is not known to be a "Hazardous Chemical" as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200.
Additional safety measures:
Read the entire label and SDS before using this product, and for additional first aid measures. SDS for this product is available under the Documents tab.