Ready To Use Spray Disinfectant Cleaner
- Features & Benefits
- Efficacy Claims
UPDATE: December 10, 2020: AVISTAT-D® Ready To Use Spray Disinfectant Cleaner and SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus), the cause of COVID-19 Disease
Per the most recent revision of EPA List N, NCL AVISTAT-D® RTU Spray Disinfectant Cleaner has now demonstrated effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 on hard, non-porous surfaces in just 1 minute.
This product is designed specifically as a general non-acid cleaner and disinfectant for use in hospitals, nursing homes, public restrooms, schools, transportation terminals, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, lodging establishments, retail businesses and athletic/recreational facilities where housekeeping is of prime importance in controlling the hazard of cross contamination. It is formulated to disinfect hard, non-porous, inanimate environmental surfaces: floors, walls, metal surfaces, stainless steel surfaces, glazed porcelain, glazed ceramic tile, plastic surfaces, bathrooms, shower stalls, bathtubs, and cabinets.
For plastic and painted surfaces, spot test on an inconspicuous area before use. A rinse with potable water is required for surfaces in direct contact with food. This product is designed for use with mechanical spray device, cordless, backpack, handheld sprayer, low pressure sprayer, handheld mechanical sprayer. When used as directed, this product contains 2100 ppm of active germicide making it highly effective against a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms.
EPA Registered Product
Key Market Information
EducationQuick, easy, and ready to use disinfectant for use in nurse's office and science labs.
HealthcareQuick, easy, and ready to use disinfectant for use throughout a hospital or any other healthcare facility when quick and immediate disinfection is needed.
RetailQuick, easy, and ready to use disinfectant throughout a retail facility, especially in pharmacies and other locations that may require products to do more than just clean.Code: 0252Packaging: 4 x 1 Gal./Case; 12 x 32 oz Qt/Cs
- Included in US EPA List N Products for Use Against SARS-CoV-2Yes
- Active IngredientsDual Quaternary
- ColorOpal, Clear
- OdorFloral Citrus
- Viscosity (cps)<10 cSt
- Freezing Point24° F
- Specific Gravity (gr/cc)1.01 ± 0.01 g/ml
- Community Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) (NRS 384) Genotype USA300 (3 minutes)
- Corynebacterium ammoniagenes (ATCC 6871) (3 minutes)
- Enterococcus faecium (ATCC 6569) (3 minutes)
- Escherichia coli (ATCC 11229) (3 minutes)
- Escherichia coli O157:H7 (ATCC 43895) (3 minutes)
- Listeria monocytogenes (ATCC 35152) (3 minutes)
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) (ATCC 33593) (3 minutes)
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE) (ATCC 51625) (3 minutes)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 15442) (3 minutes)
- Salmonella (choleraesuis) enterica (ATCC 10708) (3 minutes)
- Salmonella (typhi) enterica (ATCC 6539) (3 minutes)
- Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538) (3 minutes)
- Streptococcus pyogenes (Necrotizing Fasciitis-Group A) (V.A. Medical Center Isolate 04001) (3 minutes)
- Vancomycin intermediate resistant Staphylococcus aureus (VISA) (CDC Isolate 99287) (3 minutes)
- Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE) (ATCC 51575) (3 minutes)
- Yersinia enterocolitica (ATCC 23715) (3 minutes)
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- Aspergillus niger (Mold & Mildew)
- Mycobacterium bovis BCG (5 minutes)
- Avian Influenza A Virus (H3N2) (Avian Reassortant) (2 minutes)
- Avian Influenza Virus, Type A (Turkey/WIS/66) (2 minutes)
- Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) (5 minutes)
- Canine parvovirus
- Feline calicivirus (FCV) (30 seconds)
- Hepatitis A Virus (HAV)
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) (Duck Hepatitis B Virus-DHBV) (1 min.)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) (Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus-BVDV) (1 minute)
- Human Coronavirus (ATCC VR-740, strain 229E) (2 minutes)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus, HTLV-IIIRF, strain of HIV-1 (associated with AIDS) (1 minute)
- Norovirus (Norwalk Virus) (30 seconds)
- Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Influenza A Virus (2 minutes)
- Paramyxovirus (Mumps) (ATCC VR-1438) (3 minutes)
- Poliovirus Type 1, strain Brunhilde
- Rabies Virus (attenuated ERA strain, CDC) (30 seconds)
- Rhinovirus Type 39 (ATCC VR-340) (3 minutes)
- Rotovirus (3 minutes)
- SARS Associated Coronavirus (ZeptoMetrix) (2 minutes)
- SARS Related Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2); the cause of the disease COVID-19 (1 minute)
DocumentationTechnical Data Sheet Avistat-D TDS English GHS.pdf Safety Data Sheet AVISTAT-D SDS English.pdf Miscellaneous Documents Avistat-D Brochure.pdf Efficacy Data Sheet AVISTAT-D RTU Efficacy Data Sheet.pdf Secondary Label Avistat-D (Undiluted) GHS Secondary Label 6 up.pdf
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
This product is not for use on critical or semi-critical medical device surfaces.
DISINFECTION, DEODORIZING AND CLEANING - Remove gross filth or heavy soil prior to application of the product. Hold container six to eight inches from surface to be treated. Spray area until it is covered with the solution. Allow product to penetrate and the surface to remain wet for 3 minutes (for Bloodborne Pathogens: allow surface to remain wet for HIV-1 1 minute and for HBV and HCV 1 minute). No scrubbing is necessary. Wipe off with a clean cloth, mop or sponge. The product will not leave grit or soap scum. One step cleaning and disinfection of toilet bowls and urinals: Remove water from bowl by forcing water over trap with a swab mop applicator. Press swab mop against side of the bowl to remove excess water from applicator. Apply 1 to 2 ounces of this product evenly, allowing sufficient time for product to cover entire surface of bowl for maximum cleaning. Swab bowl completely using a scrub brush or toilet mop, making sure to get under the rim. Let stand for 3 minutes (for Bloodborne Pathogens: allow surface to remain wet for HIV-1 1 minute and for HBV and HCV 1 minute) and flush. Using approved AOAC test methods under Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), in the presence of 5% blood serum and a 3 minute contact time, unless otherwise noted, this product kills the following organisms on hard non-porous inanimate surfaces:
BACTERICIDAL ACTIVITY (BACTERIA): Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella (choleraesuis) enterica, Escherichia coli, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Streptococcus pyogenes (Necrotizing Fasciitis-Group A), Listeria monocytogenes, Yersinia enterocolitica, Enterococcus faecium, Corynebacterium ammoniagenes, Salmonella (typhi) enterica. ANTIBIOTIC-RESISTANT: Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), Vancomycin intermediate resistant Staphylococcus aureus (VISA), Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE), Community Associated Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) Genotype USA400, Community Associated Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) Genotype USA300.
TUBERCULOCIDAL ACTIVITY - This product exhibits disinfectant efficacy against Mycobacterium tuberculosis BCG at 20º C when the treated surface is allowed to remain wet for 5 minutes.
*VIRUCIDAL ACTIVITY - This product kills on hard, non-porous inanimate surfaces when allowed to remain wet for a 10 minute contact time against: Canine Parvovirus, Hepatitis A Virus (HAV), Poliovirus Type 1. This product, when used on environmental, inanimate hard surfaces exhibits virucidal activity against: Human Coronavirus, SARS associated Coronavirus, Avian Influenza A strain H3N2 and Avian Influenza A strain H9N2 for 2 minutes; Paramyxovirus (Mumps), Rhinovirus type 39 and Rotavirus for 3 minutes; HIV-1 (associated with AIDS), SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) for 1 minute; Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) when the treated surface is allowed to remain wet for 1 minute; and Norovirus (Norwalk virus), Feline Calicivirus and Rabies Virus for 30 seconds.
KILLS HIV-1, HBV, AND HCV ON PRE-CLEANED ENVIRONMENTAL SURFACES/ OBJECTS PREVIOUSLY SOILED WITH BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS in health care settings (Hospitals, Nursing Homes) or other settings in which there is an expected likelihood of soiling of inanimate surfaces/objects with blood or body fluids, and in which the surfaces/objects likely to be soiled with blood or body fluids can be associated with the potential for transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) (associated with AIDS), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and Hepatitis C Virus (HCV).
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND DECONTAMINATION AGAINST HIV-1, HBV and HCV ON SURFACES/OBJECTS SOILED WITH BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS.
PERSONAL PROTECTION: When handling items soiled with blood or body fluids use disposable latex gloves, gowns, masks, and eye coverings. CLEANING PROCEDURES: Blood and other body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces and objects before application of this product. CONTACT TIME: Allow surface to remain wet for HBV and HCV 1 minute, for HIV-1 1 minute. These contact times will not control other common types of viruses and bacteria. DISPOSAL OF INFECTIOUS MATERIALS: Blood and other body fluids must be autoclaved and disposed of according to local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
FUNGICIDAL ACTIVITY - This product is fungicidal against the pathogenic fungus, Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Athlete’s Foot Fungus) (a cause of ringworm of the foot), when used with a 10 minute contact time on clean, non-porous, hard surfaces as found in bathrooms, shower stalls, locker rooms, or other areas commonly contacted by bare feet.
EFFICACY TESTS HAVE DEMONSTRATED THAT THIS PRODUCT IS AN EFFECTIVE BACTERICIDE, FUNGICIDE, AND VIRUCIDE IN THE PRESENCE OF ORGANIC SOIL (5% BLOOD SERUM).
MILDEWSTAT - To control mold and mildew on pre-cleaned, hard, non-porous surfaces spray surface to be treated making sure to wet completely. Let air dry. Repeat application at weekly intervals or when mildew growth appears.
Features & Benefits
- One step disinfectant cleaner / Multiple activity reduces maintenance inventory costs
- Effective against SARS-C0V-2, MRSA, CA-MRSA, HIV-1 (Aids virus), HBV (Hepatitis B), HCV (Hepatitis C) and Mycobacterium Tuberculosis (TB) / Reduces contamination risks
- Non-acid / Will not harm personnel or ruin surfaces
- Long lasting scent / Superior deodorization
- Powerful disinfectant / Effective in presence of organic soil (5% blood serum)
WARNING: CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. TOXIC TO AQUATIC LIFE. HARMFUL TO AQUATIC LIFE WITH LONG LASTING EFFECTS. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Prevention: Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid release to the environment.
Response: If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
Storage: Store away from incompatible materials.
Disposal: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
This product is a "Hazardous Chemical" as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200. This product is a U.S. EPA registered pesticide.
Additional safety measures:
Read the entire label and SDS before using this product, and for additional first aid measures. SDS for this product is available under the Documents tab.